Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Fixed : "2 Items Selected" error and Yellow Exclamation Icon while trying to submit Taleo Online Job Application


Sometimes, when you try to submit an online job application powered by Taleo, you will see this weird error that just says "2 Items selected". The number might be different in your case. This error drove me crazy with frustration and I thought all the details I entered would be gone forever.

The problem is that, it is not sufficient to enter the employer country, but you should click the "Search" link next to it and choose from the options given. In my case, there were 2 locations with similar names and hence the error "2 Items selected"!! Also, since I had many such text boxes filled in, I couldn't even click the Search link as it wouldn't let me leave the page because of the errors in the other text boxes.

So, if the country you specified is not clear to the application, it would not let you continue or even SAVE the form. It would not even let you correct the errors one by one!! Not a brilliant job by the Quality Assurance team!

So, how to fix this mess? Delete the entries one by one. Remove all those job experiences you filled in carefully and start from Job 1, making sure to click the Search button after filling in the country name. You could also try deleting just the contents of the field Country. Didn't work for me though.

If this helped you, please leave a comment.
Cheers :)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Anonymous said...

omg also thank you so much as well this saved me such a headache

Anonymous said...

GREAT HELP MATE....THANK YOU

Aswin said...

You're welcome :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome solution! Thanks for posting!!

Nebasuke said...

Thank you. This bug is still a problem and this post saved me a lot of time!

Anonymous said...

THIS WORKS THANK YOU

Anonymous said...

Thanks for post. This fixed my problem. Taleo needs to acquire better talent to script their forms. Error message very vague and no where on the form does it highlight the problem.

Anonymous said...

Whoever made these forms needs to get shot.

Anonymous said...

But thank you though, this helped.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! After 3days of trying to apply online this finally helped!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!! Your post saved me so much trouble!!

Anonymous said...

Been trying to figure this out and I'm glad I saw this. Thank you, it worked

Anonymous said...

Yep super annoying and such a waste of precious time. Grrrrrrr. Thanks for the info.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much this really helped me.

Unknown said...

Thank you good sir!!!

Anonymous said...

Mine was a US state error. I was able to delete all of the errors (not all of my entries thankfully!) and search them one by one. Thanks!








Pp Paco said...

You just saved my life! ;) Thanks!

Unknown said...

thanks man...:)